Time waits for no one and in that time we must learn how to make time for our tasks to be done.
We aren’t talking BS here we are talking about how to prioritize yourself in the time you have.
It’s about time you learn these 21 tips and watch how different you feel compared to your typical day of work.
Here are 21 time management tips I have learned from Gregg Davison to best layout for you to model after in prioritizing your Daily Method of Operation to be the most productive. Read more…!
Last year I struggled with time management, yes even I had difficulty trying to get all my tasks done in record time each day. I thought since I was comfortable to be working in my pajamas that I didn’t need to worry about time management and working from home would be a piece of cake. Actually in reality it is far more harder than it looks if you aren’t entrepreneur minded and if you don’t calendar everything you do throughout your day for your life time will pass you by.
So I struggled with this for quite some time now and being that it’s the new year I decided to get my business priorities organized the way entrepreneurs do it. I went to Rich and asked him to help me with organizing my Daily Method of Operations so I can best get these mundane tasks in a timeline fashion. Rich told me he has a library full of training and one comes to mind by a leader in the industry who lives currently in the Cayman Islands by the name of Gregg Davison.
Who is Gregg Davison?
Gregg struggled for years with a traditional Network Marketing business before finding his home with Carbon CopyPro and Wealth Masters International. His experience and proven strategies started leveraging Web 2.0 methods of advertising on the internet with Google Adwords when it was the “Wild West”. Gregg rapidly discovered his own niche with video marketing on YouTube as his primary form for lead generation.
Rich Guzman met Gregg Davison back in 2008 ago at a Carbon Copy Pro in Dallas, Texas at the Hyatt Regency. According to Rich Guzman when I asked him about how Gregg treats his internet marketing business, he said. “Gregg is a true entrepreneur and knows his stuff man he doesn’t mess around.”. I’m sure he and Rich got to discuss lots more business secrets of the pros you only wish you were a fly on the wall to hear.
Well last night Rich gave me a 45 minute training video by Gregg Davison on his own Time Management which I studied and it really opened my eyes to realize what I was doing all wrong with my schedule. I had some ideas of prioritizing but honestly didn’t structure it like this guy does.
All leaders have some weakness in their business and this is why its very important to keep learning and studying from the professionals who are successful. Hey I admit it I can be very stubborn myself being a Jersey girl and all who really don’t favor watching long boring training videos, but part of my New Years Resolution is to learn all new skills and so I’m putting my ego aside to learn more about managing myself in the time so I can see more results in our business.
Here are the 21 Time Management Tips I took away from Greg Davison’s Training:
For your convenience I created a printable page in case you wanted to save it so click download .
- Failing to plan is planning to fail. If you don’t plan out your day you will be all over the place.
- Use a stopwatch or egg timer to focus your time in 60 minute blocks. You can use a countdown timer like the one I have at home I purchased from Walmart in the cooking section or you can use your Timer App on your smartphone. Now be sure to take a 10 minute break when the alarm goes off and do either of the following activities to increase productivity and focus:
- Stretch your body
- Drink a tall glass of water
- Go to the bathroom (if needed)
- Eat a healthy energy snack ie; fruits and nuts mix
- Go out for some fresh air and breathe deep in and out
- Meditate by quieting your mind and relax
3. 90% of your time MUST be on MMA (Money Making Activities)
4. Multitasking is NOT efficient and lowers your I.Q. (Intelligence Quotient)
5. Avoid distractions at all costs. This means to never answer the phone and creating an environment that is conducive to your productivity.
6. Create routines for EVERYTHING you do.
7. Take 10 minute breaks each hour by using the 50/10 method. This means setting your timer to 50 minutes and when the alarm buzzes you take a 10 minute break.
8. Time Management is a “Misnomer” and you must manage yourself in time. There is not such thing as “Time Management” it’s about Time Leadership.
9. Exercise is Vital to your health. If you don’t do it you will have no good energy and will end up getting sick. Do it daily for maximum productivity. When you feel good you do good and this is why all the top producers are in top shape. Just look at the founders of the Six Figure Mentors Jay Kubassek and Stuart Ross both work out and they are in the best shape of their life to keep up with the growth of their business.
10. Drink water and get fresh air every hour on the hour. Water is the ELIXIR of Energy. Be sure to use that timer!
11. Eliminate energy robbers such as eating Junk Food. Don’t eat crappy junk food it will only slow down your productivity and your brain.
12. Get up and go to bed at the same times each day. This is one of the number one rituals of success for entrepreneurs.
13. Email Rule #1: Emails don’t make you money and is considered a NMMA (Non-Money Making Activity). Do check your emails last and only ONCE PER DAY ONLY. Checking your email inbox all the time is the biggest killer of productivity for any entrepreneur.
14. Email Rule #2: You should never spend more than 30 minutes on reading emails. Top producers who make $50,000 per month never spend more than 30 minutes daily on reading emails.
15. Refer to your training schedule for your company and bookmark those dates and times into your calendar ahead of time. No room for excuses here this is a business you are operating not a hobby.
16. Plan your learning (Training) and productivity as 2 separate activities.
17. Call Rule #1: Call applicants within 5 minutes of receiving a TEXT message and make your call no more than 2 minutes then get back on task. Your quick follow up call is just letting the applicant know you wanted to reach out to them and welcome them to your team. You are their sponsor and that if they have any questions to write them down for your scheduled follow up by a business coach (Note: if you have a call center making calls on your behalf).
18. Call Rule #2: Block out 30-60 minutes for call backs, prospecting, call-me leads etc. Do it at the same scheduled time each day.
19. Always schedule time for your family, your kids, your spouse/significant other and yourself. Having a balanced life is VITAL to avoid being burned out.
20. Take your partner/spouse/significant other to dinner or on a date night every week. Be sure to reward him/her for the sacrifices they are making to support you building your business.
21. Get your entire family to buy into your VISION for the FUTURE. Share with them your “WHY” you are working a home business and what is the goal.
Remember this, your business doesn’t run you only you run your business! I will leave you with this quote by Gregg Davison.
Mindset Before Marketing Everyday
If you recieved value from this post, please take a moment to leave us a comment below and share this post with your friends!
See you on the next post,
Anastacia Hauldridge & Rich Guzman