In this Dale Carnegie Review, we are going to share with you the top 25 quotes for success best said by Dale Carnegie. Â Read more…!
Dale Carnegie Review | About Dale Carnegie
If you don’t know much about the history of Dale Carnegie, author, public speaker, and founder of the self-help movement then watch this video to learn more.
The first time I heard the name Dale Carnegie was about 7 years ago when I was invited to attend a networking breakfast event at a Carnegie Training Center in New Jersey. Â When I arrived I managed to network and meet such great men and women of business including Managers of Verizon, IBM, and other Small Business owners. Â I didn’t know what would happen while I was there and my thoughts were that this was a meet and greet type of meeting, but boy was I wrong.
At the meeting were licensed top trainers who graduated from Carnegie Centers and they were there teaching us how to overcome certain business situations. Â We learned how to work together and trust each other by role-playing games to build our confidence. Â We learned how to speak publically and introduce our background as professionals with poise and purpose all thanks to their effective exercises.
I learned quite a bit just in that 3 hours of that breakfast meeting and it was worth it so if you ever get to go to one I highly recommend you go. Â Little did I know after the meeting my friend and I discussed howÂ the name of the center was in the memory of a great writer who written a best selling book called, How To Win Friends and Influence People. Â Naturally I was already doing some of the things that Carnegie wrote in this book because the way I grew up with a strict Honduran mother.
Like Dale Carnegie who was inspired by his own mother so was I because of the type of woman she is and how she loves to give love to strangers all her life. Â The way my mother treated people in general no matter if they were homeless she would treat them as equals and that taughtÂ me as a child how to treat people as well.
So let’s get into our top picks of Dale Carnegie’s quotes that will hopefully inspire you to your greatness as it has for decades to the world.
Dale Carnegie Review | Top 25 Dale Carnegie Quotes
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.”
- “Success is getting what you want..Happiness is wanting what you get.”
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
- “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”
- “Knowledge isnâ€™t power until it is applied.”
- “…the best possible way to prepare for tomorrow is to concentrate with all your intelligence, all your enthusiasm, on doing today’s work superbly today. That is the only possible way you can prepare for the future.”
- “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, for your character is what you are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
- “When fate hands you lemons, make lemonade.”
- “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.”
- “When I asked him -Mr.Henry Ford- if he ever worried, he replied: “No. I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn’t need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe that everything will work out for the best in the end. Â So what is there to worry about?”
- “Remember, happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think. So start each day by thinking of all the things you have to be thankful for.
- “Your future will depend very largely on the thoughts you think today. So think thoughts of hope and confidence and love and success.”
- “Think of your life as an hourglass. You know there are thousands of grains of sand in the top of the hourglass; and they all pass slowly and evenly through the narrow neck in the middle. Nothing you or I could do would make more than one grain of sand pass through this narrow neck without impairing the hourglass. You and I and everyone else are like this hourglass…if we do not take [tasks] one at a time and let them pass…slowly and evenly, then we are bound to break our own…structure.”
- “First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst.”
- “The ideas I stand for are not mine. I borrowed them from Socrates. I swiped them from Chesterfield. I stole them from Jesus. And I put them in a book. If you don’t like their rules, whose would you use?”
- “IN A NUTSHELL FUNDAMENTAL TECHNIQUES IN HANDLING PEOPLE PRINCIPLE 1 Donâ€™t criticize, condemn or complain. PRINCIPLE 2 Give honest and sincere appreciation. PRINCIPLE 3 Arouse in the other person an eager want.”
- “Over three hundred years ago Galileo said: You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself.”
- “Every day is a new life to a wise man.”
- “Count your blessingsâ€”not your troubles!”
- “The most important thing in life is not to capitalize on your gains. Any fool can do that. The really important thing is to profit from your losses.”
- “That is what every successful person loves: the game. The chance for self-expression. The chance to prove his or her worth, to excel, to win. That is what makes foot-races, and hog-calling, and pie-eating contests. The desire to excel. The desire for a feeling of importance.”
- “the more â€˜Yesesâ€™ we can, at the very outset, induce, the more likely we are to succeed in capturing the attention for our ultimate proposal.”
- “Listening is just as important in oneâ€™s home life as in the world of business.”
- “The expression one wears on oneâ€™s face is far more important than the clothes one wears on oneâ€™s back”
- “The Value of a Smile at Christmas It costs nothing, but creates much. Â It enriches those who receive, without impoverishing those who give. Â It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. Â None are so rich they can get along without it, and none so poor but are richer for its benefits. Â It creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in a business, and is the countersign of friends. Â It is rest to the weary, daylight to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and Natureâ€™s best antidote for trouble. Â Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is no earthly good to anybody till it is given away. Â And if in the last-minute rush of Christmas buying some of our salespeople should be too tired to give you a smile, may we ask you to leave one of yours? Â For nobody needs a smile so much as those who have none left to give! Â PRINCIPLE 2 Smile.”
Dale Carnegie Review | Final Thoughts
Every single quote we have read and favored by the great Dale Carnegie has impacted the way we think about life, success, and business principles. Â Carnegie was indeed a special kind of leader and he knew how to inspire and influence people just from being himself all thanks to the upbringing of his own mother. Â It was his mother that instilled that belief into her son so that he would take action and find his own gifts to be a gift to offer the world. Â The gift of knowing how to communicate and influence great business leaders both men and women of
The gift of knowing how to communicate and influence great business leaders both men and women of hierarchy in companies learn that kindness does go a long way for not only their clients but their employees as well. Â This is why Dale Carnegie and his surviving widow still this day spread his message of effective communication in business all over the country through their Carnegie Training Centers.
What are your thoughts about Dale Carnegie and how has reading his books or attending his training center helped you in your journey to becoming a better you? We love to hear from you so leave your answers in the comments below.
See you on the next post!
Anastacia Hauldridge & Rich Guzman