The Do’s and Don’ts Of Marketing Without Hype
Are you guilty of over hype marketing your business online?
You might be leavingÂ money on the table if you aren’t careful.
Let’s discuss this further…
There are effective ways to marketing without hype and we are going to share them with you. Read more…!
Almost every single minute on Social Media platforms like Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram is showing some type of wall posting that has a bunch of advertisements with marketing hype.
Rich and I both feel the same when we say there are too many people who have not enough marketing education to understand the difference between effective quality content marketing and over saturated hype in advertisements.
It’s really getting ridiculous!
I’m sure you have seen these hype ads and videos on most webpages where they showcase people who are overly excited, counting money with cash machines in their homes, driving luxury cars and boats, hanging out on the beach drinking and having a good time with women in bikinis.
The reality is all of it is hype messaging to trick you into believing the smoke and mirrors facade.
When I was involved many years ago in MLM I thought about how cool people were and how much I wanted what they had. It wasn’t until when I began to lose interest and felt alone and desperate that even I was guilty of marketing with so much hype about making money from home as a single mom.
Even at local events people were really pumped up and excited to grow a business but then as soon as they come home guess what?…They freeze up and wonder where to start marketing first.
Next thing happens is you end up going on the internet and log into your Facebook or other social media platform to post up images with hyped up marketing messages that aren’t true.
Listen this is not your fault, we are not experts at marketing until we learn the skills of marketing and advertising ourselves without hype to drive quality traffic and convert leads into sales.
Here is a complete list of Do’s and Don’ts you can follow to market your opportunity or sell your products and services without all the hype.
Do’s of Marketing Without Hype
1. Do be yourself and show some transparency in your business.
2. Do provide the marketplace real value by sharing value based quality content, videos, podcasts, images and information.
3. Do politely invite guests to your live webinars and events by writing a message personally.
4. Do provide updates on your own training’s and feedback with notes to help people learn what you are learning.
5. Do sell your business, opportunity, or products without being too salesy.
6. Do show at least 1-2 pieces of “Social Proof” meaning a copy of your commission, bonuses, testimonials, and videos.
Don’ts of Marketing Without Hype
1. Don’t pretend and make false income statements such as earning a specific exaggerated amount of income if you haven’t earned it.
2. Don’t tell people in the marketplace it’s easy to grow your type of business or sell your products just to make a sale.
3. Don’t pay people to create fake testimonials or make up names and reviews just so you can look good.
4. Don’t fake it and lie about the truth of what it takes to build your business.
5. Don’t overly exaggerate your sales ad with “False Scarcity” ad copy for exampleÂ ” We only have 20 spots left for the first 100 buyers.
6. Don’t use celebrity photos making false endorsements to try and sell your products it is dangerous and risk you getting sued under the “California Celebrity Rights Act“.
There is so much hype in the Network Marketing industry and if your not experienced enough you could get sucked into it and destroy your own credibility.
Even if you think your so called, “Anti-Aging Cream” or “Weight Loss Products” is going to change the world and works great doesn’t mean that there is a massive market for it.
You need to beÂ open and honest about what you are selling and marketing by being unbiased about what you do first from that point of perspective.
By following these Do’s and Don’ts of Marketing without Hype you will be well on your way to success.
Leave us a comment below on your thoughts and views about all the hype marketing that is in the industry, we love to hear from you.
See you on the next post!
Ace & Rich Guzman
Connect with us onÂ Facebook!