In this Les BrownÂ Review, we are going to share our top 25 most favorite and inspiringÂ quotes. Â Read more…!
Every time I hear Les Brown speak in his audio books and seminars it really gets my blood pumping and propels me to take massive action. Â If you neverÂ heard of Les Brown I’ll share briefly his success story so you know just who this cheerfully and inspiring public speaker is.
Les Brown Review | About Les Brown
Les Brown is originally from Florida and he has a twin brother named Wesley. Â Les was born somewhere in an abandoned building and then placed for adoption. Â It was a woman by the name of Mamie Brown who took care of Les and raise him as if he was her own child.
Growing up for Les was very challenging and he was considered to be mentally retarded by diagnosis causing him much difficulty in school. Â One day Les was asked by one of his teachers in high school to go to the board to write something in class and Les told the teacher that he couldn’t do it.
When the teacher ask him why, Les said because I am classified as mentally retarded and unable to write on the board what you want me to write sir. Â What happened next was a miracle because what that teacher said to Les he will never forget that led him to become who is today.
The teacher then said to Les, “Do Not Ever Say That Again! Some-one’s opinion of you does Not have to become Your reality.”
From there Les never let anyone’s opinion of him ever dictate his life and he grew and became a successful politician turned motivational speaker with books on the best-seller list of the NY Times.
Â Les Brown Review | Top 25 Les Brown Quotes
Here are our top 25 favorite Les Brown Quotes that really made a difference in our personal development journey as it will yours.
- “Other people’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.”
- “The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or determined to carry our their dream.”
- “The greatest revenge is massive success.”
- “Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss you miss, you’ll land in the stars.”
- “I will heighten my life by helping others heighten theirs”
- “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”
- “The number-one killer in this country is heart disease. And the majority of people suffer their first major heart attack on Monday morning between eight and nine. That is the time, of course, when most people are getting ready to go to jobs that they donâ€™t like, jobs that are making them sick.”
- “If you’re not willing to risk you cannot grow, and if you cannot grow you cannot become your best, and if you cannot become your best, you cannot be happy.”
- “You must give yourself love and open yourself to the possibilities of life. Whatever your dream, know that is possible to change your life and go after it. March Aurelius said, â€œThe universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.”
- “I know what I want in life and I will do whatever it takes to get it.”
- “There is no sense in having a goal if you arenâ€™t going to go after it.”
- â€œYou donâ€™t get in life what you want; you get in life what you are.â€
- â€œLife takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.â€
- â€œThere are winners, there are losers and there are people who have not yet learned how to win.â€
- â€œThe only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the buts you use today.â€
- “Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.”
- “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes.” That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.”
- “We were all born with a certain degree of power.” The key to success is discovering this innate power and using it daily to deal with whatever challenges come our way.”
- “If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.”
- “You want something bad enough You got to get HUNGRY!
- “When life knocks you down, try to land on your back.” Because if you can look up, you can get up.” Let your reason get you back up.”
- Â “You don’t get what you want in life.” You get who you are!
- Â We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives.” We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams.”
- “Where do we enroll in Life 101? Where are the classes dealing with the loss of a job, the death of a loved one, the failure of a relationship? Unfortunately, those lessons are mostly learned through trial by fire and the school of hard knocks.”
- “A lot of people do not muster the courage to live their dreams because they are afraid to die.”
See you on the next post!
Anastacia Hauldridge & Rich Guzman