In this Russell Simmons Review, we are going to share the top 25 success quotes by hip-hop rap icon Russell Simmons. Â Read more…!
Russell Simmons Review | About Russell Simmons
I remember Russell aka Rush Simmons from back in the day, as a matter of fact I believe it was during my teenage house party days I listened to most of the music at home on the porch on my black and red double deck cassette boom box. Â Oh those were the days I missed, the summer heat in the ghetto and the fun dancing house parties with old school DJ rap music by the great LL Cool J, Run DMC and the Beastie Boys. Â It was all thanks to one man who had a vision and passion for helping hip-hop musicians and that man is Russell Simmons.
Russell Simmons opened the doors for rap artists to express their voice and language amongst teenagers who grew up in the hood, who didn’t have much of a voice and showed them how to do it through rap music. Â During Russell’s younger days he would find ways to hustle and promote house parties and night clubs for profit which put a nice chunk of change in his pocket as he was attending college.
Unfortunately, college was not what Russell wanted to focus on and therefore he and a friend by the name of Rick Rubin partnered up in creating together Def Jam Records. Â You might remember the name of Russell’s other brands as it was also not only on records but other productions like Def Comedy Jam, All Def Digital, and Def Pictures.
Here are some helpful success tips for the new generation by Russell Simmons in this video below
Russell Simmons net worth today is grossing over $325 Million dollars and he is happily married to model and fashion entrepreneur of Baby Phat apparel Kimora Lee. The couple together are raising their lovely daughters and spend their time giving back to the black community through diversity awareness and charitable work as entrepreneurs.
Russell Simmons Review | Top 25 Success Quotes By Russell Simmons
1. “A person’s strength is to know their weaknesses.”
2. “The key ingredient to any kind of happiness or success is to never give less than your best”
3. “There are no failures, only quitters”
4. “When you do good by the world, the world will do good by you”
5. “Your vision makes your world. If you see the world as a happy, loving place, then thatâ€™s where youâ€™re going to live. But if you see the world as a messed up, negative, and dangerous place, then that will be your reality.”
6. “What Iâ€™ve always tried to explain to those artists is that the reason theyâ€™re feeling out of whack is because they got too caught up in the celebrating. If youâ€™re an artist, what truly makes you happy isnâ€™t buying new cars or popping bottles. Itâ€™s making beautiful music for other people to enjoy. Thatâ€™s it. Youâ€™re going to be your happiest when youâ€™re in the studio writing a song, not when youâ€™re out celebrating how many records that song eventually sold.”
7. “I try to make my life about service, and hope that one day we can all ‘see’ a little better because God is with everyone and everywhere.”
8. “I’ve been blessed to find people who are smarter than I am, and they help me to execute the vision I have.”
9. “Pick people who are interested in what you’re interested in.”
10. “As I get, I give. Giving as you get is critical. It has everything to do with being happy for yourself, and making others happy is the cause of making yourself happy, and it’s the cycle of giving and getting.”
11. “If you wake up deciding what you want to give versus what you’re going to get, you become a more successful person.”
12. “Mediation has been a very big part of my freedom, because it allows me to watch all the things going on and allows me to focus.”
13. “If you learn late, you pass it on to people so they can learn early. It’s a step process.”
14. “The book ‘Do You!’ is about your inner voice. And when you connect to that voice then you – then the freedom comes. And we’re only here to be happy. So happy makes money. Money doesn’t make happy.”
15. “I try to create businesses that I think are not hurtful.”
16. “To be awake is to be fully present, no noise, just you and God. Most of us only have seconds of full consciousness. To live in a state of Samadhi – that’s what we’re here for.”
17. “From a business standpoint, I instinctively do things: when I get something right, it’s never because I use my brain.”
18. “I want to get involved in things that makes a difference in peoples lives and lifts them up. I don’t want to be a part of anything that’s not inspiring or helpful to the community that I’m serving.”
19. “I go to yoga every day. I meditate every morning.”
20. “I’m born into the cycle of giving that we’re all born into, and I recognize it. So just because something is a good business, I’m not a business guy. I’m a creative guy.”
22. “Success is Happiness”
23. “I’m a creative guy. And I only do businesses as a result of like I’ve – I’m try to find what my gifts are and give them immediately. As soon as I get them and I understand, I give them back.”
24. “You are not your thoughts, you are something far greater than your thoughts.”
25. “In my experience, there’s only one thing that will always steer you toward success: That’s to have a vision and to stick with itâ€¦ Once I have a vision for a new venture, I’m going to ride that vision until the wheels come off.”
Russell Simmons Review | Final Thoughts
There are many reasons to love or hate Russell Simmons success but the reality is he hustled his ass off to get to where he is today. Â He was a young entrepreneur who was hungry for success and will do whatever it took to get to the top of the industry as long as he didn’t hurt people. Â What I admire most about RussellÂ is how he pushed through the obstacles of almost failing and flipped it to become a booming success.
The Russell Simmons today is now a proud author of a few best-selling books on his success and he is a successful fashion mogul of his own fashion line for men, women, and children. Â Leave a comment below about what quotes you like by Russell Simmons and why?… we love to hear from you.
See you on the next post!
Anastacia Hauldridge & Rich Guzman