Today’s blog post is about tips for power couples in business to be successful.
You might be reading this post because you are currently involved in a home based business and want to take your business relationship to the next level or you are planning to work with your spouse in your home business but not sure how other couplesÂ are successful doing it.
Watch this video!
Rich and I met actually on the internet during a Skype call from one of my online friends who introduced Rich to me back in 2010. At the time,we both were already entrepreneurs running two different business models, Rich was a leader with an online travel network affiliate and I was involved with a health and wellness network marketing company. Together we are very compatible because we both share similar interests in things we love like comedy, romantic experiences, being spontaneous, risk takers, spiritual, Asian culture, fine dining, travel, coaching, and giving back to the community.
We are more than just your typical boyfriend and girlfriend couple we are what you call a “Power Couple” and I’ll tell you the difference. It’s all about having that trust in each other and its about taking on the world together by always improving on our weaknesses through personal and self-development.
We each show love and support for each other’s passions such as Rich love metal music and playing his guitar, while I love to dance, Martial Arts, visual arts, and science. Most of the time we are together and we give each other oil massages, read to each other in bed, cook dinner together, mastermind ideas for the business together, hiking in the mountains together, hang out at the beach, exercise together, shopping together, and produce coaching videos for our YouTube channel together.
Working together as a power couple in business allows for us to spend more quality time communicating instead of being away from each other. We enjoy working the business together and we do leverage on each of your strengths.
Rich handles the huge technical portion of our business such as the measuring of the data analytics, search engine optimization, traffic, and video marketing. I have a background in writing and graphic art so I write all the content and create the images for our business marketing. I take care of all the follow-up and social networking communication because that is what I love to do and we both have great people skills.
You can do the same, find out what your partner is good at and leverage on those strengths to improve the results in your business.Â On the days, you are finished your business tasks you both should unplug from the computer and spend time together doing fun things you each love.
- Â Remember to always state that you are addressing your partner on a business partner level and it doesn’t interfere with the relationship.
- Â If your uptight before recording a video, run the webcam or camcorder and be goofy as your recording then watch the playback I promise you that will loosen up your nerves and now you can record your video of the day.
- Leverage on each other’s strengths and help improve the weak areas.
- Celebrate your success as a couple by going out for drinks, dinner, movie, live game, stage play, etc.
- Be affectionate with each other with hugs, kisses, cuddles while saying I Love You!
- Share your goals each day with each other so you both are accountable.
- Be serious but don’t be mean when discussing business objectives and giving out lists of things to do.
- Go on business lunch dates once a week so that you are not always working at home all the time.
- Edify each otherÂ during personal introductions with clients.
- Be happy!
Leave a comment below on your greatest takaway from this post and share with us how your relationship as a power couple been since you started working together in your home based business.
See you on the next post!
Anastacia Hauldridge & Rich Guzman