Top 23 Inspirational Alan Watts Quotes To Live By
We’ve collected the best quotes that are extremely moving and inspirational of Alan Watts.
This is a man who speaks the most profound words of wisdom about life and success that will touch your soul.
Some have called Alan Watts a living Buddha while others consider him a teacher of peace but in the end his words hold truth to the laws of attraction and the human mind.
Today’s blog post we are going to share with you the top 23 inspirational Alan Watts quotes that will transform your mindset to success. Read more…!
These are the best thoughts by English philosopher Alan Watts. Learn it, live it, and do it so that you will be equipped with the knowledge of how to succeed in everything you do.
Who Is Alan Watts?
Alan Watts was a peaceful and funny man who knew how to convey the spiritual teachings of the Zen and Buddhism through is lectures and books. Â Mr. Watts was recognized and featured on the cover of Time Magazine in 1961. He recorded audios and published over 25 books when he was alive including his last and final volume, Tao: The Watercourse Way. Â Alan Watts passed away peacefully in his sleep in 1973 right after he was finishing an intense lecture.
Alan Watts is the most interesting and a philosophical genius of our time in Zen and Buddhism practice. The way he speaks will challenge your mind, body and spirit especially if you are to hear his lectures for the first time.
This Alan Watts YouTube video is about his lecture on the spiritual journey of self.
Watch: The Spiritual Journey of Self
Alan Watts quotes has inspired millions of writers and spiritualist who admire his gifts in not just writing but breaking complex thoughts down to an understanding level.
Here are # of Alan Watts quotes that are the most inspiring.
23 Inspirational Quotes By Alan Watts
- The universe is the game of the self, which plays hide and seek forever and ever.
- The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
- To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.
- Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
- How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself anything less than a god.
- No work or love will flourish out of guilt, fear, or hollowness of heart, just as no valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now.
- But I’ll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you’ll come to understand that you’re connected with everything.
- You and I are all as much continuous with the physical universe as a wave is continuous with the ocean.
- I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
- Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
- The ego is nothing other than the focus of conscious attention.
- We cannot be more sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain.
- You don’t look out there for God, something in the sky, you look in you.
- Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command.
- So then, the relationship of self to other is the complete realization that loving yourself is impossible without loving everything defined as other than yourself.
- You are something the whole universe is doing, In the same way, That a wave is something the ocean is doing.
- But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be.
- In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and clings to certain ideas about the nature of God and the universe, becomes a person who has no faith at all.
- No valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now.
- And the attitude of faith is the very opposite of clinging to belief, of holding on.
- The reason we have poverty is that we have no imagination. There are a great many people accumulating what they think is vast wealth, but it’s only money… they don’t know how to enjoy it, because they have no imagination.
- We do not â€œcome intoâ€ this world; we come out of it, as leaves from a tree.
- We identify in our experience a differentiation between what we do and what happens to us.
If you received value from this post, please take a moment to leave us a comment below and share this post with your friends!
See you on the next post,
Anastacia Hauldridge & Rich Guzman